Join the Hartford Alumni Chapter and fellow alumni for the 2012 Leadership Speaker Series Conference: Leading Global Strategies to Deepen and Expand Markets. The Speaker Series focuses on all areas of growth at the leadership level. Join us to tackle the age-old questions, such as: How do you get there and stay there through innovation? What is the formula for sustained performance and growth in a tremulous global market? Why are some industries booming and others are bust? What are the impacts of added global pressures to consolidate, improve profits and stay competitive in a shrinking market? The Speaker Series aims to illuminate the challenges key stakeholders will face and to provide innovative strategies to succeed in the transforming system. Specifically, the seminars will examine: How are global pressures creating opportunities for innovation to improve outcomes? How do we continue to innovate under new regulations? How do we standardize processes globally?
This seminar will feature keynote speaker Joseph McIsaac III, MD, MS, Vice President, Hartford Anesthesiology Associates, Inc., and Chief of Trauma Anesthesia, Hartford Hospital.
The Executive Panel will be moderated by Peter LaPlaca, BS, MS, PhD and feature experts from insurance, financial services, healthcare, life science, venture capital, technology, defense and government, including:
- Steven Adler MS, Manager Privacy and Compliance-Legal, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs at UnitedHealthcare
- William Edelman, BS, BME, Chairman of the Board at NewVert, Ltd. and Leviticus Cardio, Ltd.
- Robert Howell, MBA, PMP, ITIL, Interim Chief Information Officer and Vice President of Information Technology at Corvesta, Inc.
- Thomas Lips, JD, Senior Vice President-Investments, Lips Rousseau Partners, UBS Financial Series, Inc.
The Conference will be held on Thursday, October 18, 2012 from 4-9 p.m. as follows:
- 4:00 pm - Registration
- 5:00 pm - Welcome Remarks
- 5:15 pm - Keynote Address
- 6:00 pm - Executive Panel
- 7:30 pm - Networking reception with cocktail and hors d’oeuvres
Please register online by October 17. Cost to attend is $25 for current Rensselaer students and dues-paid alumni of the Hartford Alumni Chapter, $30 for all others. In order for you to receive the dues-payer rate, pay your July 1, 2012-June 30, 2013 chapter dues of $10 by clicking here first then sign into the alumni website and register for the conference.
For conference questions, contact Carol Thorney ‘03G at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding online registration, contact Mary Doiron at email@example.com.
Click here to view Speaker Biographies.