Greek Life Collaboration
Services provided by the Office of Alumni Relations
- We can store your alumni/ae biographical information and Greek ID, and provide a delegate in your organization with a list anytime it is needed. All we ask is that you help us keep it accurate by providing us with any updates you receive.
- Keeping the database in a campus office eliminates year-to-year confusion as your leadership changes.
- The database has a field for Greek-related ID numbers for tracking and matching purposes.
- Over 10,000 updates per month are made to the alumni database - ensuring the most accurate information possible.
- Use broadcast e-mail through the alumni website to send messages, newsletters, and notices of upcoming events to your alumni.
- Let us market your upcoming events and activities on the alumni website, and in appropriate alumni publications such as Rensselaer magazine.
- Utilizing these services helps keep the alumni database updated for future communications.
Event Management/Online Registration
- Our web community can help with online event registration for your alumni programs.
- Allows for credit card process for alumni.
- There is no cost to you for the use of this service. All money collected through online registration is reimbursed to your organization.
Major Campus Weekends
- Leverage Reunion & Homecoming, Freakout, and other major alumni weekends, and we can help you advertise and incorporate your events into the activities that are already happening.
- Being part of a major weekend gives your alumni even more incentive to come back to campus.
Dates to Remember:
- Reunion & Homecoming
- Milestone Anniversary Celebrations (50th, 75th, etc.)
- Big Red Freakout – February 14, 2015
- Many fraternities and sororities are approaching milestone years. Let us know if you are planning events so that we can help you advertise and celebrate these special occasions.
- For a list of all local and national anniversary dates, click here.
Sponsored Programs, Activities & Awards
Greek Life Awards - Advisor of the Year
The Rensselaer Alumni Association strives to recognize Rensselaer alumni who go above and beyond for their Alma Mater. The RAA sponsors the annual Advisor of the Year award, given at the Greek Life Awards Ceremony each spring. A full list of the awards is available on the IFC webpage
We continue to engage and expand our relationships with all of the Greek organizations on campus.
- Alumni Inter-Greek Council - The AIGC was formed as a committee of the RAA to foster the overall improvement of the Rensselaer Greek community, and to enhance the welfare of Rensselaer and society.
- IFC @ RPI - Continuing to strengthen relationships with Fraternities.
- Panhellenic Association - Building strong relationships with Sororities.
- Office of Greek Life - We work with the Greek Life Office to provide services to all Greek organizations.
How Alumni Relations Will Work With Your Fraternity/Sorority
The Alumni Relations Office will contact the Greek organization’s advisor and/or active president when Greek alumni request services. The Alumni Relations Office will provide the requested information after receiving approval from the advisor and/or the active chapter president. If no approval from the advisor and/or the active chapter president is received within seven days of the request, the Office of Alumni Relations will make the determination as to whether the request can be fulfilled.
Read the entire text of the "Office of Alumni Relations Commitment to Greek Life."
Have we worked with your organization?
Below is a list of fraternities and sororities that have collaborated with the Office of Alumni Relations since 2005:
Alpha Chi Rho
Alpha Epsilon Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Delta Tau Delta
FIJI (Phi Gamma Delta)
Kappa Alpha Psi
Lambda Chi Alpha
Phi Iota Alpha
Phi Mu Delta
Pi Beta Phi
Pi Kappa Alpha
Phi Kappa Theta
Phi Kappa Tau
Phi Kappa Phi
Phi Sigma Sigma
Rensselaer Society of Engineers
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Tau Epsilon Phi
Tau Kappa Epsilon
Greek Anniversary Dates
A list of local and national Greek anniversary dates (.pdf)
5 Oldest Fraternities
Theta Xi - April 29, 1864
Delta Phi - June 28, 1864
Zeta Psi - 1865
RSE - 1866
Chi Phi - May 25, 1878
5 Oldest Sororities
Phi Sigma Sigma - April, 13, 1976
Alpha Gamma Delta - 1979
Pi Beta Phi - 1984
Alpha Phi - 1995
Sigma Delta - April 12, 1996