Greek Life Collaboration
The Office of Alumni Relations has partnered with many Greek organizations over the years to provide database services, help plan anniversary and milestone celebrations, collaborate on special events, and leverage resources for major weekends such as Reunion & Homecoming and Freakout. Through this partnership, we help encourage Greek alumni to return to campus.
We look forward to collaborating with any Greek organization that would benefit from our assistance. Below are some ways you may work with our office.
Services for Your Greek Organization
- Let us act as your database. We can store your alumni/ae biographical information and Greek ID, and provide a delegate in your organization with a list anytime it is needed. All we ask is that you help us keep it accurate by providing us with any updates you receive.
- Keeping the database in a campus office eliminates year-to-year confusion as your leadership changes.
- The database has a field for Greek-related ID numbers for tracking and matching purposes.
- Over 10,000 updates per month are made to the alumni database - ensuring the most accurate information possible.
- Utilize the broadcast e-mail services through the alumni website, to send special messages, newsletters, and notices of upcoming events to your alumni in HTML format.
- Let us market your upcoming events and activities on the alumni website, and in appropriate alumni publications such as the Rensselaer magazine.
- Utilizing these services will keep the alumni database updated for future communications.
Email Newsletter Samples - Here are a few samples of the different newsletters some organizations have sent through our email system.
Event Management/Online Registration
- Utilizing our web community we are able to help with online event registration for any of your alumni programs. i.e. Founders Day Celebration Weekends, Events during Reunion & Homecoming Weekend, etc.
- Allows for credit card process for alumni.
- There is no cost to you for the use of this online registration service. All money that is collected through online registration will be reimbursed to your organization.
Major campus weekends
- Leverage Reunion & Homecoming, Freakout, and other major alumni weekends, and we can help you advertise and incorporate your events into the activities that are already happening.
- Being part of a major weekend gives your alumni even more incentive to come back to campus.
Dates to remember:
- Reunion & Homecoming
- October 10 – 12, 2014
- October 2 – 4, 2015
- Milestone Anniversary Celebrations (50th, 75th, etc.)
- Big Red Freakout 2013 – February 2, 2013
- Many fraternities and sororities are approaching milestone years. Let us know if you are planning events so that we can help you advertise and celebrate these special occasions.
- For a list of all local and national anniversary dates, click here.
Heffner Alumni House
- The Heffner Alumni House is available to Greek Organizations for special anniversaries, milestone events, founders day dinners, etc. To reserve the Heffner Alumni House, contact Michael O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored Programs, Activities & Awards
Greek Life Awards - Advisor of the Year
The Rensselaer Alumni Association strives to recognize Rensselaer alumni who go above and beyond for their Alma Mater. The RAA sponsors the annual Advisor of the Year award, given at the Greek Life Awards Ceremony each spring. A full list of the awards is available on the IFC webpage.
We continue to engage and expand our relationships with all of the Greek organizations on campus. We remain committed to finding ways to support Greek students and alumni.
- Alumni Inter-Greek Council - The AIGC was formed as a committee of the RAA to foster the overall improvement of the Rensselaer Greek community, and to enhance the welfare of Rensselaer and society. Visit their Web site for more information.
- IFC @ RPI - Continuing to strengthen relationships with Fraternities.
- Panhellenic Association - Building strong relationships with Sororities.
- Office of Greek Life - Working closely with the Greek Life Office to provide services to all Greek organizations.
How Alumni Relations Will Work With Your Fraternity/Sorority
The Alumni Relations Office will contact the Greek organization’s advisor and/or active president when Greek alumni request services. The Alumni Relations Office will provide the requested information after receiving approval from the advisor and/or the active chapter president. If no approval from the advisor and/or the active chapter president is received within seven days of the request, the Office of Alumni Relations will make the determination as to whether the request can be fulfilled.
To read the entire text of the "Office of Alumni Relations Commitment to Greek Life," please click here.