Affinities (areas of common interest) are a growing area for Rensselaer alumni activity. Groups are both global and local. Many have established a web page and programs that span the globe and link local activities. In addition, local and campus activities are planned to support the network. Many affinity groups are also planning “get-togethers” at national society or professional group conferences in a given area. Learn more about activities and programs for your affinity group
Current affinities include:
- 50 Year Club
- Disability Alliance
- Alumni Inter-Greek Council
- Athletic Groups
- Building Trades
- Game Developers
- Graduate Alumni
- Music Groups
- Phalanx Honor Society
- Rugby Alumni Association
- Technology Law & Commercialization
Here are just a few volunteer opportunities:
- Plan a local event - affinity networking activities.
- Plan affinity group activity at national conference - many affinities are closely tied into professional societies or organizations. Since many alumni in a given field will already be attending a conference, a Rensselaer get-together can be easily planned.
- Affinity group reunion committee - help to put together a campus reunion for your affinity group. Affinity reunions are typically tied into Reunion & Homecoming to take advantage of other events happening on campus.
- Affinity group leadership
If you are interested please fill out the volunteer form here